On my blog I plan on doing monthly updates. These updates will happen at the beginning of every month or at the end of every month and they will include:
- What I’m currently reading
- All the books I had read the previous month
- What I plan on reading this month
- How I’m doing with my Goodread’s reading challenge
- A list of books I had bought last month
- And my TBR (to be read) jar pick
~–Okay, let’s get started!–~
Books Read in April:
- Just One Day by Gayle Forman
- Shadowhunters and Downworlders: A Mortal Instruments Reader by Cassandra Clare
- New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
- Just One Year by Gayle Forman
- The Heiresses by Sara Shepard
- Monster by Walter Dean Myers
Books I Want to Read in May:
- Hollow City by Random Riggs
- Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
- Re-Read City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
- CITY OF HEAVENLY FIRE by Cassandra Clare
- Just One Night by Gayle Forman
Goodreads Reading Challenge Progress:
I have read 26 books out of my goal of 50 books, so I’m a little bit more than halfway done! According to Goodreads I’m also 10 books ahead of schedule!
New Books I Got:
- The Heiresses by Sara Shepard (I won it in a Goodreads giveaway!)
- Vampire Academy books 1-6 by Richelle Mead
- Cress by Marissa Meyer
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith
- The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer
- Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
- The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
TBR Jar Pick:
The book I picked from my TBR hat was actually Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick. You can see me picking Crescendo from my TBR hat on my Instagram @mybookacademy. I read Hush, Hush sometime last year but I didn’t have Crescendo on my bookshelf yet so I had to give the series a break. After a while though I completely forgot about Hush, Hush so I’m very excited to pick up the books again!
April was a pretty good reading month! Though I will admit I’ve been buying too many books. I mean 12 books in ONE month, crazy! I’ll probably cut down on book buying and wait a while before I go back to the bookstore, which shouldn’t be hard because I don’t exactly live near a bookstore… Oh and yes! I have a TBR jar, well it’s a hat because I didn’t have a jar…but anyways, I always have a hard time picking what book I want to read next so I decided to make a TBR jar to help me when I’m stuck and don’t know what to read. I’m picking one book out of the hat every month because sometimes I actually know what I want to read and don’t want to feel overwhelmed *cough* City of Heavenly Fire *cough*
Thanks for reading! I hope you also had a good reading month!
Goodbye April. Hello May.
Happy reading fellow bookworms!
Let’s be friends!