June Update 2014
- Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick
Books Read in June:
- City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (re-read)
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
- UnWholly by Neal Shusterman
- Jenny Pox by J.L. Bryan
- Can You Keep A Secret by Sophie Kinsella
- A and D by Louise Carreon
- Now and Forever by Susane Colasanti
- Finish Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick
GoodReads Reading Challenge Progress:
I have read 42 out of my goal of 50 books, and according to GoodReads I am 18 books ahead of schedule! I’m only 8 books away before I reach 50, that’s so awesome! I’ve been having a lot of free time lately now that it’s summer vacation!
Books I Bought in June:
- Small Circles by Megan Duke (given to me)
- The Ring and the Crown by Melissa De La Cruz
- Now and Forever by Susane Colasanti (given to me)
- A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin (books 1-5)
- Finale (Hush, Hush #4) by Becca Fitzpatrick
- Unwind books (1-3) by Neal Shusterman
TBR Jar Pick:
Since I haven’t finished Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick I still have yet to pick my next book from my TBR hat. Hopefully I can finish it soon and write a quick wrap-up post of my thoughts on the Hush, Hush series as a whole and then I can pick my next book!
Holy poop, 8 books in one month? I’m on a roll, probably because of all the extra time I have now that school is over. However, the reason I only put on book on my July TBR, even though I had so many books I was planning to read, is because I think I’m going to chill for a bit. That doesn’t mean I’ll stop reading! That could never happen. It’s just sometimes I really had to push myself to finish a certain book and I don’t like that. I read for fun and if I have to push myself to finish a book then it’s not fun anymore. I’ll read when I want to, what I want to.
Speaking of which, I have been reading a TON of Wattpad books lately! A and D is actually a book on Wattpad but it’s also been published, only in the Philippines though so that’s a HUGE bummer! I really want to own a physical copy of that book! It was inspired by Taylor Swift’s music video for You Belong With Me, it’s a really good story, cheesy sometimes but so so adorable. While I’m at it I’ll list a few of my favorite stories/authors on there. Many of them deserve to be published!
- DarknessAndLight: One of my absolute favorite authors on there, I Sold Myself to the Devil for Vinyls Pitiful I Know was the first book I of hers and I absolutely fell in love with all of the characters. Her characters are so in-depth and she puts a lot thought into her stories. It’s so crazy how everything connects together. She could seriously be the next Cassandra Clare. A story of hers I’m really enjoying right now is Between Dallas and Austin. It’s about nerdfighteria which is so awesome!
- MakeAndOffer: Another favorite author of mine! She’s so real and all of her stories are amazing even though she says she mostly just wings it. Her stories are mostly for older teenagers because there is a lot of swearing and some awkward scenes for younger people but honestly the author is so hilarious and brilliant it’s shame that some people will never be able to read her work. I hope to see some of her Wattpad work published one day! Oh, and I totally ship Janna (most people won’t get this!)
- JoeCool123: Okay, so this author, no idea if s/he is a boy or a girl and it makes me so curious! Anyways, this person. Hilarious. They only have two stories out but they are so amazing! My favorite is No Capes, so much potential for writing I won’t even be surprised when one of her/his’s work gets published.
- ShellyCullen: Another amazing author! I first found her on FanFiction.net, she wrote Shugo Chara fanfiction, which is a manga/anime that I watched/read (by the way amazing manga, the anime was kinda weird since it was targeted toward a younger audience though I still enjoyed that as well. She has such amazing ideas but she usually only writes the first few chapters and stops. Which is so awful because people like me want more!
- And finally XxSkater2Girl16xX: I actually have not read any of her stories but I have heard so many amazing things about her writing! I really need to jump on board that ship!
Okay, this is getting to be super long, bye and happy reading!
Buy all the books mentioned above at the Book Depository, free shipping worldwide!
Let’s be friends!