End of Event Meme:
- Which hour was most daunting for you?
My last hour which was hour 17 was the hardest for me mostly because I was so exhausted after such a long day of reading. I eventually went to sleep sometime through hour 18 so sadly I couldn’t read for the entire 24 hours.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
-The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey (Sci-Fi)
-Wonder by R.J. Palacio (Cute contemporary book!)
-Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (Contemporary)
Those are a few of my suggestions, I think if you have thought about rereading a series a readathon is a perfect time for it to happen!
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Not really, I think the readathon is really well-organized. And the people who host seem genuinely into what they’re doing. I think it’s already amazing!
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
The mini challenges worked really well, I don’t exactly remember why but I remember wanting to take part but not participating in the challenges last year and this year I did almost all of them. They were super fun!
- How many books did you read?
I finished one book and got about a third of the way through another!
- What were the names of the books you read?
The book I finished was All Lined Up by Cora Carmack and the book I only started was The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer
- Which book did you enjoy most?
All Lined Up was a bucket of fun! I was never really into the ‘New Adult’ genre but that book has brought me back some hope for the genre and I might give it another shot.
- Which did you enjoy least?
The House of the Scorpion, I suppose was my least favorite since I gave up on it halfway through and readathon and picked up another book. It wasn’t necessarily a bad book though! I am excited to continue it.
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
Wasn’t a cheerleader! I might sign up next year, it seems like fun.
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Very likely! I’m so excited for the next readathon and I’ll most likely be a reader (aka be on social media half the time).
Books read: All Lined Up by Cora Carmack
Books started: The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer
Pages read total: 404 pages
Let’s be friends!